Saturday, January 3, 2015

Don't say peanut butter!

Today was a pretty typical Saturday filled with cleaning, weekly menu planning, and playing with the kids, all while trying to maintain our denial that this break is nearing its end.

At one point the four of us found ourselves on the family room floor playing dinosaurs.  The kind Sophie is holding in the picture below was a source of humor during that play.  The head flips around to another one fiercely baring teeth.  It was the first one I picked up, and with the dopey grin face exposed, he (I) said, "Gee, I sure hope nobody says peanut butter because that word makes me so mad."  Of course two other dinosaurs (Michael and Sophie) simultaneously said, "Peanut butter!" and my dinosaur roared and flipped to his angry face.  Once her giggles subsided, Sophie picked up another dinosaur of that kind who expressed dislike for the word jelly.  Michael's was not a fan of pizza.  You can imagine the chaos when the fourth dinosaur (Mike) said he could really go for a peanut butter and jelly pizza.


Jan 3
3/365

1 comment:

  1. That made me giggle too! And I'll try to remember to use a blanket/towel to form a landscape - I think it's genius!

    ReplyDelete

Bloggers love comments!

If you stop by for a visit, please leave a note. I would love to know who's checking in on us!