Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hair

I have a hair appointment tomorrow.  It's with a new stylist, one I don't know and who was recommended by nobody.  She's just in the same salon as my old one who moved.  I'm really going to test this new stylist out by doing something drastic, perhaps going back to this look:

My hair is currently a little darker and shoulder length.

However, I'm also considering going completely nuts.  My hair has been through a lot over the last few months.  My previous stylist went a little crazy with some highlights (I wanted subtle.  It wasn't.  At all.), so I ended up dying it myself a few days later.  This happened twice.  Her moving is well-timed.  I've also given in to wearing ponytails A LOT.  The result of all of this abuse is a bathroom floor and pillow and hair ties and shower drain covered in my broken hair.  Gross.  And not cute up top.  It might be time to start fresh.

I love a drastic haircut, and when I itch for one I usually go for a look like the one above.  But I'm seriously considering going Michelle Williams this time.

Image from http://beauty.about.com/od/celebrityhairstyles/ss/2012-Hair-20-Hot-Hairstyles-For-2012_3.htm

Completely nuts, right?

But look how cute with a headband!

Image from http://www.seventeen.com/fashion/blog/michelle-williams-golden-globes-hairstyle

I'm thinking of going for that lighter color as well.

I've shown Mike these photos, and while he's usually very supportive of my shorter looks, he seems a little nervous.  He did say it's pretty and that he'll still want to...well, let's just say he's not worried about it being completely unattractive.  The man has a way with words.  ; )  Anyway, I have his tentative blessing.

I've also mentioned this idea to my mom and the ladies in my MoM's club last night.  The reactions from both were also equal parts encouraging and skeptical.

So I'm not sure how brave I'll be tomorrow.  Would I be nuts to go so short?  I mean, my face is not Michelle Williams' face, and I know that.  But maybe I should just take breath, go for it, and know that at least I'll start this school year with an easy look.  I don't know... 

Please, please, please share your thoughts!


5 comments:

  1. I say go for it. You have a very beautiful face that would look great in this cut. Plus...its hair...it will grow back if you hate it!
    and for the record......I love headbands.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! Do it! Do it! You only live once and it will grow back if you hate it! You have a fabulous face! I vote for a lighter color...somewhere in between your current color and Michelle's. If you hate the color, it will grow out quickly since it's short!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks for the compliments and encouragement, ladies. My nerve has been boosted a tad more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd LOVE to try that haircut! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is such a cute hair cut. I am always so jealous of people who can pull off short hair like that! I say do it!

    ReplyDelete

Bloggers love comments!

If you stop by for a visit, please leave a note. I would love to know who's checking in on us!