Monday, January 13, 2014

Snowed in with my buddies

Like so much of the country, we spent several days last week hunkered down at home waiting out the cold and snow.  Sadly, Mike had to drive in to work, but I was given the gift of three snow/cold days at home with my kids tacked onto the end of our holiday break.  When the holidays fall in the middle of the week like they did this year, I tend to head back to work craving more lazy weekdays at home.  These extra days were just what I needed.

Along with getting a few home organizing projects, phone calls, and general housekeeping taken care of, the kids and I tried out a few crafty activities such as playing with snow indoors...

Untitled

Untitled

...making snow ice cream (we used 4 cups snow, 1/4 cup 2% milk, 1/4 cup flavored coffee creamer, and chopped hazelnuts)...

Untitled

...making and playing with gingerbread play dough...

Untitled

Untitled

...and obviously hanging out in jammies a whole lot!  Movies and snuggling by the fire were key to our winter survival as well, of course.

Speaking of jammies, just check out how cute these peanuts were on Christmas morning.

Untitled

Precious.  So glad I got some extra time with them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers love comments!

If you stop by for a visit, please leave a note. I would love to know who's checking in on us!