Saturday, April 6, 2013

Root, root, root, for the Tigers!

We didn't intend to wait until Michael and Sophie were one week shy of turning three before we got them to a Tigers game, but that's just how it went down.  The company Mike works for has a suite at Comerica Park, and we were all lucky enough to go to this afternoon's game.  Way to set the bar, eh?

Untitled

Untitled

Typically Michael and Sophie get shy in new places with people they don't know, but not today!  Maybe it was the chilly weather or the unlimited junk food (well, I limited it a little),  or maybe they're just baseball fans...

Untitled

At one point these two stinkers discovered they could duck and squeeze past the bars that separated one patio from the next.  They were three suites down before we caught the jail breakers!  Terrible three's, people.  Terrible three's.

Untitled

Untitled

As cold as it was, and as challenging as it was to keep up with these two, we had a blast!  Someday we'll have to show Michael and Sophie what it's like to go to a game and sit for more than 15 minutes at a time...without a heated space to retreat to...and a private bathroom...and a variety of snacks at arm's reach...but I'm okay with this arrangement whenever it comes our way again!

Untitled

We stayed long enough to sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" in the 7th inning and headed home at the kids' request.  Having gotten to the park well before the first pitch, I don't think that's too bad.  We got home right at bed time.  :)

6 comments:

  1. fun fun!!! were you able to make it to guest services to get their official "first tigers game" certificate??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, we didn't. Maybe we'll lie next time. ;) Going to a game without the luxury of a suite will be their first "real" game anyway.

      Delete
  2. So stinkin' cute! I love those caps!! Because I read this post late last night, I had a dream about you guys. I picked the 3 of you up in the van that my mom drove when I was in high school. I think we were going to get sushi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny, Katie! That dream sounds way better than the teaching nightmares (I forgot to make copies and am wearing my pajamas--that kind of thing) that are surely coming my way tonight.

      Delete
  3. What a great day and lots of great pictures too!

    ReplyDelete

Bloggers love comments!

If you stop by for a visit, please leave a note. I would love to know who's checking in on us!