Saturday, July 16, 2011

So far so good!

This morning Sophie and Michael napped in the car on the way to a local art fair.  With a couple of stops on the way during which I ran errands while Mike manned the nap mobile, the drive was about an hour.  Right now, at 6:27 p.m., both toddlers are sound asleep after a smooth bed time. 

It occurred to me that the last two nights that I didn't have to hold Sophie for hours until she conked out were Monday and Tuesday.  On Monday we drove to visit family during the morning nap, and the drive is one hour.  On Tuesday I turned off the sound machine at 10 a.m. knowing Michael and Sophie would wake so I could get them ready for an outdoor kids' concert.  They had gone to sleep at 9 a.m. as usual. 

So I feel confident tonight's success isn't a fluke.  One hour morning naps seem to produce easy bed times.  Please don't prove me wrong tomorrow, buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers love comments!

If you stop by for a visit, please leave a note. I would love to know who's checking in on us!