Saturday, July 23, 2011

Blankets and pillows? Check!

As I mentioned, I recently bought a vintage chenille bedspread and some fabric that I planned to transform into some blankets and pillows.  Thanks to a heat wave that kept us trapped indoors for nearly a week, I have crossed that project off the to-do list!

I made a 12"X16" pillow for the rocker and a crib-sized blanket and 12"X12" faux-box pillow for both kids. None of this will be used in their cribs, but I wanted these pieces to coordinate with the nursery in case we want to use them when we convert the cribs to toddler beds.

The rug is the inspiration for everything in the room and helped me envision the striped pillows.



Below is Sophie's set...


...and Michael's...


...and a pillow for the chair.



 I made the blankets long enough to just fit over the mattress and wide enough to just cover the front of it.  That way we can easily "make" the toddler beds by laying the blankets out flat.  The pillows are a good size for the kids to carry around and snuggle, which is how all pieces are likely to get most of their use.


The blankets are reversible with the green chenille on one side and fabric that coordinates with the crib skirts (not currently in use) and Clouds and Stars sheets on the other.  While the nursery has become a bit of a pastel paradise, I like that the blankets and the pillow for the chair can all just be displayed with the green side.  How I do love simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers love comments!

If you stop by for a visit, please leave a note. I would love to know who's checking in on us!