Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Open Mic

Feb 24
50/365

I came home from work to a bit of an open mic event in my living room.  Michael and Sophie convinced their grandma (probably without much arm twisting) to bring up their box of instruments, and they put on a show. Sophie wowed us with a song that somehow got left off of the Frozen soundtrack called "Go Away."  I may be a tad biased, but I was genuinely impressed with her original melody and reinterpretation of the emotional pull between Elsa and Anna.  Look out, Taylor Swift.

Michael also took the stage with a punk tune, complete with rhythmic hops and fist pumping.  His was about Lightning McQueen and Buzz Lightyear.  Disney has had an effect on their art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers love comments!

If you stop by for a visit, please leave a note. I would love to know who's checking in on us!