Wednesday, May 13, 2015

"Like a Diamond in the Sky"

May 13-6
86/365
It must be noted that I managed to stifle my mommy tears at Sophie's recital on Sunday.  I lost my breath for a moment and knew I was in for a big ol' ugly cry if I let my weepiness loose. That little snowflake was undeniably in her glory up there on stage, making my chest heave with pride for how hard she worked, how much she learned, how brave and beautiful she was.

Well, if I could keep my composure for all of that, I believed I could do the same this morning at the kids' kindergarten orientation.  When the nervous energy of almost-kindergartners entered the media center, my little nuggets among them, with their construction paper mascots that they made while we parents learned about lunch money accounts and drop off routines, I lost my breath again.  Babies' first school spirit was just about too much for this mama.   

Mike went to work after orientation, but the timing didn't work for a half-day for me.  I spent the afternoon grateful for a taste of our upcoming summer life and got some photos of a dining room dance party.  The one above was during "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

Below you can see Sophie teaching Michael some ballet during her routine music (I challenge you to listen to "Little Snowflake" without sniffling).  I also captured Michael tying his ears "in a bow," the sword fight that broke out during our dance party (it happens), and Sophie gettin' her "Uptown Funk" on.

PicMonkey Collage

While on the topic of dance parties, I recently discovered that the kids have been doing the Cha-Cha Slide in Pre-K when Michael started occasionally calling out, "To the back now, y'all" seemingly out of nowhere.  We do that one at home now too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers love comments!

If you stop by for a visit, please leave a note. I would love to know who's checking in on us!