Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Garth and Kat

Do you know those Garth and Kat routines from SNL's Weekend Update?  It's Kristin Wiig and Fred Armisen as "America's musical duo" singing holiday songs that they're making up on the fly in bad hair and holiday vests.  It's all very improv and cracks me up. 

Michael and Sophie love to sing.  Many afternoons they let me know they're awake from their naps by singing "Twinkle Twinkle" together from their cribs like adorable jailbirds, often at the top of their lungs and with a wild crescendo before they applaud themselves.  Lately they've taken to songwriting as well, Garth and Kat style. 

I can't tell you how many times Michael's enthusiastic goofiness has reminded me of Chris Farley.  These two are destined for Rockafeller Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers love comments!

If you stop by for a visit, please leave a note. I would love to know who's checking in on us!